A Brand That's What's Now
Express is the sexy, sophisticated lifestyle fashion brand for every occasion: work, weekends, or nights on the town. Our brand is what's new and what's now for young fashion-forward men and women. We have more than 600 retail and outlet stores throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as franchise stores in Latin America. We also have a best-in-class online/mobile shopping experience at www.express.com that allows our customers to shop whenever and wherever they like.
A Workplace To Match
We think you'll like it here.
Our recently renovated, 3-story Design Studio is located in the heart of Manhattan! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a generous associate discount, casual work environment, and the opportunity to connect and engage with some of the smartest, most passionate individuals in the apparel fashion business today.
The Fabric R&D Specialist will be in chage of the following
- Sample Yardage Management
- Collect and track FAS sheets for all fabrics, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Enter sample yardage orders in Yunique/system according to process and quantity/price.
- Track sample yardage orders and update tools/system with appropriate details on delivery, status.
- Gather all requests by Fabric Director and update/input orders as directed.
- Reviewe received sample yardage, strike off and Handlooms with R&D Director, then organize all sample yardage cuttings and ensure all required accompanying information is complete
- Maintain and organize fabrics and headers, removing fabric references from library when obsolete
- Maintain digital fabric library and/or documentation in Yunique/system
- Documentation and Tracking own accurate and timely data entry.
Associate degree or Bachelor degree in fashion or textile
0-3 years experience
Preferred Requirements (skills and abilities)
Must be extremely organized and detailed oriented.
Proficient with Microsoft Office and Web PDM.
Ability to multi task and work under deadlines.
Strong written and verbal communication skills