A Brand That's What's Now
Express is the sexy, sophisticated lifestyle fashion brand for every occasion: work, weekends, or nights on the town. Our brand is what's new and what's now for young fashion-forward men and women. We have more than 600 retail and outlet stores throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as franchise stores in Latin America. We also have a best-in-class online/mobile shopping experience at www.express.com that allows our customers to shop whenever and wherever they like.
A Workplace To Match
We think you'll like it here.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, generous associate discount, casual work environment, and the opportunity to connect and engage with some of the smartest, most passionate individuals in the fashion business. We're always looking for talented leaders at all levels to join our team; if this sounds like you, we'd love to chat!
The Sr. Compliance Analyst will serve as liaison between Legal and other business functions (HR, Store Operations, Payroll, Loss Prevention) to manage labor compliance activities. This role will help to identify areas of opportunities and mitigate risks through control development, and is the liaison for any internal or external audits.
- Partners with business functional areas (Human Resources, Store Operations, Payroll, Loss Prevention, etc.) to design, develop and implement internal controls for processes including (but not limited to): hiring and onboarding (EEO, Ban the Box, I9, Background Checks), Total Rewards (ADA, FMLA, paid sick leave, etc.) and labor management (OSHA, CA labor laws, etc.).
- Conducts periodic compliance audits, reports results and recommends appropriate corrective action; targeted monitoring reviews and audits are conducted based on compliance issues identified by government agencies, new regulatory requirements, changes in business practices, and other considerations-
- Ensures appropriate compliance processes and procedures are in place and these compliance processes and procedures provide the desired results.
- Assists in and contributes to reports on a regular basis and the annual compliance function risk assessments, by identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability, helping prioritize compliance risk issues, and assisting in the development/publishing an annual monitoring/audit plan to address the compliance risk areas.
- Assists in the enterprise-wide trend analysis to identify patterns and variations in adhering to compliance elements to identifying opportunities for improvement to enterprise-wide ethics and compliance efforts.
- Performs research, gathers information and makes suggestions, recommendations on procedural improvements for areas of responsibility.
- Stays abreast of changes in regulations to ensure the organization's timely compliance
- Manages all labor poster requirements and ensures compliance in stores and home office locations.
- Partners with the Organizational Development team to ensure all associates complete required compliance training. Identify additional training opportunities to improve compliance. May develop and conduct training for HR and store employees.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience (years) in related field: 5 - 8
- Current knowledge of HR practices, employment law, ADA, FMLA, EEO compliance require
- Experience with SOX compliance
- Experience and knowledge of CA labor laws
- Strong process and policy development experience
- Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects, be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to build strong relationships and interact and communicate effectively with leadership
-Strong attention to detail
- Previous retail experience
- Previous HR experience