A Brand That's What's Now
Express is the sexy, sophisticated lifestyle fashion brand for every occasion: work, weekends, or nights on the town. Our brand is what's new and what's now for young fashion-forward men and women. We have more than 600 retail and outlet stores throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as franchise stores in Latin America. We also have a best-in-class online/mobile shopping experience at www.express.com that allows our customers to shop whenever and wherever they like.
A Workplace To Match
We think you'll like it here.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, generous associate discount, casual work environment, and the opportunity to connect and engage with some of the smartest, most passionate individuals in the fashion business. We're always looking for talented leaders at all levels to join our team; if this sounds like you, we'd love to chat!
The Social Media Strategist/Engagement Editor will lead media strategy, planning and execution, including social community management and corresponding analytics and reporting. Working closely with the Editorial Director, this individual is responsible for overseeing all aspects of social content and community management with the goals of building sustainable online communities, increasing brand awareness, acquiring new customers and deepening customer engagement all while driving revenue both in-store and online.
STRATEGY & PLANNING
Establish social strategy across earned and owned social media to drive increased customer engagement, brand advocacy and community expansion
- Help establish and reach/meet KPIs and benchmarking.
- Work closely with the editorial and social team members to develop and execute innovative social programming.
- Work cross-functionally with creative, PR, marketing, customer service, digital marketing, e-commerce, store and merchant teams to ensure that social strategy is baked into the editorial process, and secure exclusive content for social channels including - behind-the-scene photos, videos, and on-site coverage from live events. Help plan and promote special editorial packages on key trends and events.
- Serve as a liaison and build and maintain relationships with outside social media companies.
- Ensure consistency, relevancy, and accuracy across all messaging.
- Hone Express’s voice and visual presentation on social media platforms. Maintain a strong visual personality and style guide for Express’s social media – incorporating GIFs, native video, live video, illustration, animation, graphic design, and photography.
- Work closely with rest of creative and editorial teams on monthly brainstorms to generate social-specific ideas.
- Execute social media campaigns that grow our following and yield significant referral traffic. Help team members better understand what will amuse, inform, and entertain our audience, and what leads to sharing, engagement, and conversion.
- Provide social media thought leadership, updates on changes to platform offerings, and best uses of emerging social platforms.
- Develop programming plan (including publishing cadence recommendations by series and platform) for social media editorial calendar.
- Work with Editorial/Social Senior Specialist to maintain and circulate the social media editorial calendar.
- Work with PR to create optimal influencer strategy.
- Manage and oversee the social media intern team.
- Coordinate with Editorial and Social Senior Specialist on the creation and execution of all creative assets including videos for various social media platforms working with internal creative team.
ANALYTICS & MEASUREMENT
-On an ongoing basis, develop social and editorial best practices to optimize engagement and traffic.
-Provide weekly report outlining organic social content performance across key social platforms, social listening insights and learnings, campaign success, and community management highlights.
-Provide monthly social reports that include social performance information for Express internal WMR and trends, key highlights, areas of opportunities, and social learnings.
-Actively monitor social media accounts and track engagement metrics to identify opportunities to yield more engagement and reach.
-Analyze competitor activity on a quarterly basis to provide applicable learnings that will inform the social strategy.
-Compile additional ad-hoc reports as needed throughout the year.
COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT QA
- Elevate any potential issues/concerns to Editorial Director and wider marketing and customer service teams to facilitate quick brand response as needed.
-Create social playbook and crisis communications plan.
-Collaborate with Customer Care teams that are cross-trained in customer service for our social channels supporting real-time needs and identifying opportunities for proactive outreach.
-Help hone Express’s voice and visual presentation on social media platforms. Maintain a strong visual personality and style guide for Express’s social media – incorporating GIFs, native video, live video, illustration, animation, graphic design, and photography.
-Participate in content development and execution across platforms in tandem with Social Media Producer to optimize engagement and further refine strategy.
-Ensure consistency, relevancy, and accuracy across all messaging.
-Attend and cover brand and industry events from a social media perspective.
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in journalism, marketing, and/or communications
- Proven history of social media strategy and audience development success within previous organizations
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience
Preferred Requirements (skills and abilities)
- Passionate, energetic team-oriented individual with strong analytical, interpersonal, creative and leadership skills.
- Eye for detail and highly-developed organizational skills, including ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Possess a commitment to initiate new projects and strong follow through.
- Ability to analyze situations and solve problems creatively and independently.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively interact across business functions to deliver effective marketing programs.
- Ability to identify and manage challenges and request required support in a timely manner.
- Thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Manage workflows with the ability to create effective and efficient processes.
- A proactive problem solver with the ability to manage details and projects while responding to changing priorities and feedback.
- Resourceful and digitally savvy individual who is agile and quick on their feet.
- Passion for understanding fashion and retail; ability to spot and leverage pop-culture and emerging trends that matter to our brand and consumer; skillful at storytelling.
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.