A Brand That's What's Now
Express is the sexy, sophisticated lifestyle fashion brand for every occasion: work, weekends, or nights on the town. Our brand is what's new and what's now for young fashion-forward men and women. We have more than 600 retail and outlet stores throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as franchise stores in Latin America. We also have a best-in-class online/mobile shopping experience at www.express.com that allows our customers to shop whenever and wherever they like.
A Workplace To Match
We think you'll like it here.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, generous associate discount, and casual work environment. Working at Express is much more than the 9 to 5. It is an opportunity to connect and engage with some of the smartest individuals in the fashion business doing work they are passionate about. This is the Express Life and we’re always looking for talented leaders at all levels to join our team; if this sounds like you, we'd love to chat!
The Technical Designer is responsible for determining & setting garment specifications and standards within the Web PDM system to develop Brand Right apparel product from the concept (Initial Style Development) stage through to final production approval (Green Tag) stage. The Technical Designer leads fit sessions, manages sample tracking, influences calendar & workflow for a specified garment category or categories independently.
Additional day to day responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with Designers and Merchants to understand their idea /concept /vision. Influence the Design as needed to ensure end use, price point & delivery goals can be met successfully.
- Establish & set all garment specifications within Tech packs in Web PDM to develop fit samples & produce high quality, appropriately engineered product from the initial style development stage through to the production approval stage.
- Lead fit sessions with Designers and Merchants independently.
- Record and communicate all final comments to cross functional teams to ensure alignment on 1. the plan of action & 2. the proceed to status per style.
- Evaluate product independently to predict, assess and manage risks from Concept to Production Green Tag stage.
- Approve all fit, trim (use & application methods) and construction methods.
- Ensure labeling, marketing and packing requirements are compliant with Express category standards.
- Maintain or Improve department organization & technical record keeping systems.
College degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Technical Design experience within the apparel industry.
- Proven communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Proven leadership abilities within a live fit session.
- Elevated working knowledge of construction, apparel factory operations & patternmaking fundamentals.
- Demonstrates agility -- ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrates advanced risk assessment skills at all stages of product development.
- Proactive problem solver --resolution oriented.
- Proven ability to lead and influence through clear and consistent actions in a cross functional team environment
- Ability to manage & follow through on a task from start to finish within specified timelines independently.
- A trained eye for Design aesthetic details.
- Proficiency user of : Web PDM , Illustrator, Accumark , Outlook, Excel, Word
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.