A Brand That's What's Now
Express is the sexy, sophisticated lifestyle fashion brand for every occasion: work, weekends, or nights on the town. Our brand is what's new and what's now for young fashion-forward men and women. We have more than 600 retail and outlet stores throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as franchise stores in Latin America. We also have a best-in-class online/mobile shopping experience at www.express.com that allows our customers to shop whenever and wherever they like.
A Workplace To Match
We think you'll like it here.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, generous associate discount, casual work environment, and the opportunity to connect and engage with some of the smartest, most passionate individuals in the fashion business. We're always looking for talented leaders at all levels to join our team; if this sounds like you, we'd love to chat!
This Copywriter will be responsible for writing and managing online product copy and its coordinating samples/processes. Day to day responsibilities will also include:
- Writing product descriptions for express.com in a brand-appropriate voice, on a fast paced, deadline-driven schedule
- Help manage and organize sample processes/tools necessary to product writing
- Working with ecomm and copy team to create and update naming conventions for products
- Attending monthly product pass-offs with ecomm and merchant teams as the copy team representative, to review new styles and address merchant requests
- Maintaining a consistent style across genders and multiple product lines
- Frequently reviewing website for typos, outdated copy, mislabeled styles and back end glitches, to update where needed and inform ecomm when appropriate
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: 2-3 years
-Flexible, detail oriented, proactive solution finder, team player, initiative taker, ability to take direction and implement it across various channels
-Mastery of English grammar rules and usage, ability to grasp the brand voice and tone, knowledge of and interest in current fashion trends, superb writing skills with an understanding of promotional, descriptive, editorial, and emotional copy
-Ability to proofread and ensure accuracy and consistency in style, grammar and spelling
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.