The Brand that Gets You to What’s Next
Express is the vibrant, confident lifestyle brand for ambitious people, providing the latest fashion for style-obsessed men and women since 1980. Our mission is to provide inspiration and confidence through fashion to help people get to what's next in their day, and their lives. With more than 600 retail and outlet stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Latin America, and a best-in-class online/mobile shopping experience at www.express.com, Express brings city-inspired style to customers across the globe.
A Workplace To Match
We think you'll like it here.
Our recently renovated, 3-story Design Studio is located in the heart of Manhattan! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, generous associate discount, and casual work environment. Working at Express is much more than the 9 to 5. It is an opportunity to connect and engage with some of the smartest individuals in the fashion business doing work they are passionate about. This is the Express Life and we’re always looking for talented leaders at all levels to join our team; if this sounds like you, we'd love to chat!
The Design Director Women’s Wovens will be collaborate with VP from Concept to final product. Translate brand vision into strategies that deliver sales and profit growth by managing and executing concept creation, design and product development process.
Additional day to day responsibilities will include
- Manage the responsible development of prints, fabrics and styles, to align with business objectives without overextending our resources or team members.\
- Break down strategies into executable design actions to respective team members.
- Participate in calendar planning and test strategies, balancing multiple seasons of development at once.
- Provide positive leadership and development to direct reports and build bench strength in organization.
- Establish best practices, share and continuously improve process.
- Cultivate relationships with cross functional partners to engage and gain alignment.
- Ability to influence change.
- Work with VP to prepare the samples and presentation room for milestone meetings. Conceptualize trends and themes that can be translated into successful products for Express.
- Lead presentations for owned categories at milestone meetings
Bachelor’s degree in Apparel Design or related work experience
- 10+ years of full time professional Design experience
- Exceptional leadership ability. Proven ability to lead, develop and mentor a team. Success in managing sizeable teams. Proven ability to navigate, influence and build strong cross functional relationships.
- Superior time and project management skills. Ability to shift gears and seamlessly drive for results.
- Effective communicator with an eye on successfully managing expectations.
- Strong presentation skills. Skilled at persuading and influencing others.
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.