A Brand That's What's Now
Express is the sexy, sophisticated lifestyle fashion brand for every occasion: work, weekends, or nights on the town. Our brand is what's new and what's now for young fashion-forward men and women. We have more than 600 retail and outlet stores throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as franchise stores in Latin America. We also have a best-in-class online/mobile shopping experience at www.express.com that allows our customers to shop whenever and wherever they like.
A Workplace To Match
We think you'll like it here.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, generous associate discount, casual work environment, and the opportunity to connect and engage with some of the smartest, most passionate individuals in the fashion business. We're always looking for talented leaders at all levels to join our team; if this sounds like you, we'd love to chat!
The Senior Technical Designer is accountable for the garment uniformity and consistency as it pertains to fit, construction and quality. The Senior Technical Designer also interfaces with all cross functional teams and global partners and ensures product is consistent with Express standards and production timelines.
-Collaborate with designers and merchants to determine fit and aesthetic details.
-Oversee and create and update tech packs in Web PDM and Micrografx.
-Lead fit sessions with designers and merchants, proposing alternative methods of construction or components.
-Analyze fit, trim components and construction of garments for approval, while meeting development and production timelines.
-Oversee/ensure labeling, marketing and packaging requirements are compliant with Express standards.
-Collaboration with Design Trim Manager and Garment Marketing Manager.
-Oversee/ensure garment and trim lab testing results are compliant with Express standards.
-Monitor and track the status of all development and production styles.
-Communicate fit comments and corrections to ESP and non ESP global technical partners, factories and vendors as applicable.
-Actively participates in weekly production and “product team workshop” (PTW) meetings to gain cross functional alignment.
-Collaborates with the Technical Manager and Patternmaker to initiate block pattern development.
-Interfaces with New York Product Development (NYPD) and Merchant teams to determine critical development needs.
-Education: College degree or equivalent work experience
-Experience: 8-10 years of technical design experience in the garment industry
- Thorough understanding garment fitting, construction and patternmaking.
- A trained eye for proportion and balance as well as aesthetic detail.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Anticipate next.
- Product risk assessment skills.
- Problem solving and resolution oriented.
- Ability to lead through clear and consistent actions.
- Ability to influence in a cross functional team environment.
- Ability to self manage/work independently.
- Coaching and mentoring skills for direct reports and cross functional partners.
- Communicate technical knowledge in presentations and open forums.
- Accountable to follow through on a task from beginning to end.
- Proficiency in computer skills: Web PDM, Illustrator, Outlook, Excel, Word, Acumark
- Ability to lift mannequin forms
- Domestic and International travel as needed
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.